1/60th Hellbringer

I realised I haven’t posted any mechs yet. So here goes, this one is a 1/60th scale Hellbringer from the ‘Battlemech Club” .

The Hellbringer is a very widespread design developed by Clan Hell’s Horses. However, due to its poor armor, the Hellbringer is often passed over for more robust OmniMechs. The Inner Sphere first encountered the Hellbringer facing Clan Jade Falcon, which favors the design for its immense offensive potential. Earning the codename Loki by Galen Cox, an AFFC officer who declared each of the Hellbringer’s various versions as an “utterly mad configuration”, the ‘Mech does at first glance appear to be highly unusual, mounting a spread of weapons, anti-personnel equipment and electronics. The Hellbringer utilizes a standard internal structure, and has decent mobility, with a top speed of 86.4 km/h. Though it has vast firepower at its disposal, the design is not particularly durable, mounting a mere eight tons of Standard armor, and the Hellbringer is not particularly suitable for defensive situations or extended engagements. (according to http://www.sarna.net/wiki).

For me the Hellbringer, together with the Timberwolf, Summoner and Mad Dog are the mechs that defined Battletech for me. When I saw a review one day on Starship modeler (http://www.starshipmodeler.com/mecha/tf_hell.htm) I was hoping this would one day come available as kit. Little did I know that this kit was the basis for the 1/60th variant of the Battlemech Club.

When I ordered the kit I knew I wanted to build it according to the drawings of the Technical Read Out of “3055 upgrade”. The kit istelf was mastered according to the Technical Readt Out of “3050”. It has a lot of difference in the details, but see for yourself :

TRO 3055 The return of Kerensky :

And the same design in the TRO 3055 Upgrade

As you can see, the main difference is the SRM launcher on the shoulder and a lot of details on the Torso. Also note the missing hiplaunchers.

The kit itself went together very easy and I used a wealth of greeblies to make all the details. It started out with littel beads and pearls to curtains and pieces from an old M113 kit :


It was a very fun build adding, but the best thing was yet to come 🙂

But that will be for next time.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s